DAY 31- GRATITUDE.
I planned ahead of this day but it’s so funny I’m not happy at the moment. My Facebook account got hacked and it really hurt so much because of the pages I run under it. However, I’m grateful to God for the grace and strength to write to you each day. I wrote to you in despair and heaviness of heart but God kept holding my hands in each day to send a word to you. If that’s isn’t love, I don’t know what else it is.
Thank you for every step you took with me on this journey. Y’all make it so worthwhile and I appreciate everyone of you from the bottom of my heart.
Before we begin this journey of gratitude and how good it is we must always show gratitude for the things that we have. It is important to know what it is. Gratitude is being thankful for what we have and what we have received. It’s really more than being thankful. Gratitude is an attitude we must all strive to inculcate as a lifestyle. Gratitude is a disposition of grace, appreciation, and gratefulness. In the hustle and bustle of daily life, sometimes, it’s easier to block out the details of the day, forgetting each and every day holds out a precious gift. There is always something to be thankful for.
Are you a grateful person? Do you remember to thank God for the good and bad things in your life? Having in mind that we are to give thanks to God in all circumstances. It’s just so bad that we only thank God when things are in our favor and we do otherwise when things go south with us. Taking the time to recognize what God has done and expressing our gratitude is important to developing our relationship with God.
Gratitude is really something we show in response to receiving things we have not earned. It really does makes us healthier. Sometimes, you might wonder what exactly to be grateful for. All you have to do is look around you and search within yourself. You’d realize there’s everything to be thankful for- miracle of sleeping and waking, breathing, Salvation, sight, voice, and many more that I could keep at. There is something to be grateful for. You might not have it all, but you have life and that’s just beautiful. God deserves our honor and praise all time. When you worship God, you are simply showing gratitude for your voice, and even when you study the word, you are acknowledging the gift of sight given to you and the grace to study his word. However, not many are raised to be thankful but it can be practiced. You might not be a 100% gratitude person overnight, but living in the consciousness of thankfulness will become a habit gradually.
Gratitude also makes us take notice of what God has given us. We become aware of what we are given and how much we owe God. There was a time in my life I felt I had gone through a lot for my age. In lieu of that, I understood and saw life from a different perspective. I felt God wasn’t fair and I had a series of questions for him. I realized I was always gloomy and unhappy until I began to show gratitude for the things I have in my life and even my loss.
Honestly, we really do not have to feel like the weight of the world is upon our shoulders. Because of that, we consider gratitude not important. If you have such a mindset, it’s really wrong, and its time to declutter and allow the right things in your life.
Here is a list of what Gratitude can do for you if you practice it.
- It helps us to see God and deepens our faith.
- Gratitude helps to open the door for continued blessings.
- .lt helps us to leave no room for complaints.
- Gratitude makes the enemy flee from you.
- It reminds us that we are not in control but God.
- Gratitude helps us to look healthier .
1.DEEPENS OUR FAITH: Gratitude has a way of getting us through difficult times. To reflect on your blessings is to remember God’s love,grace and mercy which deepens our faith in God. To show gratitude to God is to discover His heart,to discover his heart is not just to see His good gifts to us but become aware of the sovereign good giver. Everyday,I’m constantly making decision to be full of gratitude knowing everyday can’t be perfect,but in all that i do,gratitude is an attitude I’ve decided to do. Gratitude has a way of changing everything to our favor and helps us exercise our faith and focus on God who has promised to supply all of our needs according to the riches of His glory. Most of us can be thankful for a lot of things but can we express gratitude in all circumstances? Good or bad? This can be a challenge but thats how we get our faith levelled up. There is power in Gratitude.
- OPENS DOOR FOR MORE: Gratitude opens door for more blessing and it has the power to transform lives if we imbibe in the habit of thanksgiving or gratitude. Not just one day or something you randomly but something you do everyday as a lifestyle. With such heart,we position ourselves to whatever God has in store for us. Gratitude helps us to get the attention of heaven as powerful supernatural supplies are unleashed on us. When we express gratitude ,God shows up for us. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into more,it turns denial into acceptance,chaos to order,confusion to clarity. It can turn a house into a home,a meal into a feast and a stranger into a friend”- Melody.
- KEEPS YOU ALIVE AND HEALTHIER: Gratitude is said to make people look healthier and embrace more positive reaction and emotion. Gratitude is associated with greater happiness,relish good experiences and also helps people to connect to things they were ignorant of,such as nature. A grateful person will experience more joy and gladness of heart in their lives because they understand that God is in control of everything.They are never the type you’d see depressed over a particular situation.
- GOD IS IN CONTROL: Gratitude helps to remind us that we are not in control but that we serve a mighty God who is. It keeps us in a place of total dependency and humility.Gratitude helps us to see God and sense His presence while we reliagn ourselves with His activity in our lives.Gratitude is a pathway to God. Out of the 10 lepers that were healed,only one returned to show gratitude. Just that one received a total healing. While we are never in control,gratitude will help us to connect more to God in ways we do not imagine.
Gratitude develops endurance and trust in God. We can choose to be thankful for the gift of life no matter how difficult our path is because we are assured that God is faithful. ALWAYS FAITHFUL. As we grow in gratitude, we learn to be thankful not only for the good things but for everything in our lives and even the people that surrounds us.
Today makes it the end of our 31 days of self love and I really do hope that you’ve been intentional about going big in loving all of you because you’re a grand MASTERPIECE. Till I write to you again, thank you for staying true and strong with me. I love you🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 and it’s always love and light from me to you.💙✨
Yours in purpose,